Add a photo gallery
- In “Page Edit” view (or “Post Edit” view)
- In the text content area, place your cursor where you want your gallery
- Click “Add Media” button
- In the pop-up window, click “Create Gallery” tab
- If you are using images that you already uploaded, click the “Media Library” tab and select all the images you want in your gallery. If you are uploading new images, see 6. below.
- If you want to upload images for your gallery, click the “Upload Media” tab and upload your images. Your uploaded images will automatically be selected for you to create a new gallery in the next step.
- When your images are selected, click blue button “Create a new gallery”
- In the next window, you can rearrange the order of your images as well as add captions to your images.
- “Columns” selects how many columns you want your photos to display on the page, the more columns the smaller the thumbnails will be in live view).
- “Link To” — Select how you want the gallery to open if an image is clicked; in a new page (with all your usual page elements like navigation bars and headlines etc.), in a new pop-up window or not open at all.
- NOTE. There is a plugin you can install that open your gallery in a “Lightbox” — it will pop up over the web page and put a dark “film” over the web page behind and then run a slideshow of your gallery (slideshow is optional). If your existing galleries does this, we have already installed this plugin for you. It’s called “Simple Lightbox” and you can read more about it here.
- When you have arranged your images in the order you want, click blue button “Insert gallery” and it will insert on your page. In Edit View, the gallery will look like this:
Edit an existing gallery
If your website has a photo gallery on one of the pages, this is how you manage your gallery.
- Navigate to the page that has the photo gallery
- Click “Edit Page”
- In Edit Page view, inside the content area click on the light blue rectangle that represents the gallery. When you click on it, the Edit Gallery button will appear (the other, red button removes the gallery) (gallery shows as a blue box like below if you don’t have the latest version of WordPress).
(gallery shows as a gray box [after you click on it] with images visible if you have latest version of WordPress — click “pen” icon to edit:)
- In edit gallery view, if you want to add images, follow the steps above for adding images (5 and 6).
- To remove images, just click the “X” in the top right corner on the images you want to remove from your gallery (you see the “X” if you hover over the image).
- When done, click blue button “Update Gallery”
- Update your page when done editing.