Most sites’ home pages are divided into “Widget areas.” Widgets and Widget areas are found under “Appearance —> Widgets.”
There are numerous widgets that you can put into the widget areas to achieve a certain look or functionality of your home page.
Home page view (click for larger view):
Corresponding widget areas (Appearance —> Widgets) (click for larger view):
The home page in the Centric Theme is using pages or posts for most of its home page areas. In order to change the content in the home page’s area for a specific page, please do the following:
- Scroll to the home page area you want to edit and click the link button to take you to the page in question.
- When you are on the correct page, click the “edit page” link or button in the site’s header bar.
- In “Page Edit” view, scroll down to the “Excerpt” area (if you don’t see the “Excerpt” area, follow instructions here to make it visible).
- Edit the text in the “Excerpt” area. For more instructions about Excerpts, please click here.
- Click “Update” in the upper right corner of your Page Edit window.
- Your edits are now published to the home page.
Note. If you need to change which page is displayed in an area on the home page, you need to log in to your WordPress site with Admin login. Please contact your web developer for this login if you don’t have it.
For Centric theme specific instructions, please click here.