WordPress First Steps
- What’s the difference between a Page and a Post?
- Add a page
- Add a post
- Format your text
- Add a link to another page or website
- Add an email link
- Upload and link a document (PDF or Word)
- Layout Settings
- Add an image or media
- Add or Edit a Photo Gallery
- Edit an existing page or post
- Screen Options
- Post Categories
- What is a “Blog?”
- Help I messed up! I trashed a page by mistake
- Help, I messed up! I accidentally erased the content on my page or post!
You need Admin access to perform the following tasks
Most sites are set up to give you “Editor” access so you can go in and edit your pages and post without risking getting into the programming side of the site. (Explanation of user levels »)
For the following tasks you need to log in with your “Admin” access. The “Admin” level username and password was sent to you at the delivery of your website — let us know if you can’t find it and we’ll resend.
WordPress Widgets & Plugins
- Edit the navigation bar
- Your website’s sidebar
- Website’s home page
- Website’s theme
- Home page — ElegantThemes
- Home page — Parabola Theme
- Home page — StudioPress Themes
- Home page — Centric Theme
If you don’t find your theme in the list above, there might not be a good description how to edit it available here. Email us and we’ll help you find the correct instructions.